My Executive and Advisory Coaching Program creates high impact for leaders, transitioning executives, and high potentials who want to quickly advance their skills and drive results for their company so they can create greater business success and more personal and professional satisfaction.
I provide a proven and practical approach to development that gives leaders the critical competencies they need for success while providing real time feedback on how their actions impact their effectiveness and business success.
As an organizational psychologist, I will not only help you to understand why you engage in certain behaviors, but more importantly, will help you change your behaviors so that your influence, focus and resilience demonstrates their best qualities.
My coaching will involve a comprehensive assessment of your capabilities which will lead us to create a customized plan that you will have in place to measure your goals, objectives and successes.
The outcomes you can expect include
- Clarity for your vision and strategy for personal and business success and how to put those into play.
- Accelerate business execution.
- Powerfully influence others to drive business results.
- Leverage collegial relationships to achieve alignment across your work footprint.
- Build a personal leadership brand that will grow you success inside and outside your organization.
- Enjoy your work, again
We build from our strengths and we grow through the development of behaviors associated with success.
While I am a psychologist, I am not interested in changing people’s personality. My clients grow as leaders by building on strengths, pointing our opportunities for development and by minimizing weaknesses. We develop and improve by focusing on the key behaviors or competencies needed for success
Executives we work with demonstrate and model behaviors that:
- Create vision,
- Inspire action,
- Accelerate execution
- Learn from mistakes
- Display executive presence
- Build a powerful brand
My Model for Coaching
- Build the relationship: Trust is the key imperative for a successful coaching relationship. I listen, pay attention and make certain that I understand your objectives for growth and respect your learning approach and level of commitment. You’ll be challenged in your coaching and I’ll be there to provide the support you need.
- Assess key strengths: Building on strengths is a proven way to grow as a leader. We’ll assess that and where you have opportunities for growth. At the conclusion of this phase you will have a plan of action that spells out the steps that are to be taken to ensure success.
- Use a Strengths-Based, Competency Focused: Following our coaching assessment, we build a plan around the specific leadership behaviors essential for your success. Great leadership is not about having the right behaviors for success. Our approach makes that possible.
- Engage the Learnings: During this phase, all coaching tools are out on the table., Scenario planning, role playing, persuasion exercises, branding strategies, action matrices, resilience modeling, and competency development along with others come into play and will be utilized to address the coaching objectives. We’ll tweak the plan as needed and assess our progress as we progress.
- Performance Sustainability: Increasing personal and organizational understanding and strengthening your leadership tools translates to personal ownership of your new skill set. After coaching is completed you will be amazed about how your new found skills increase your confidence and effectiveness in how you are managing your work and career
C-Suite Advisory Coaching: You are a senior leader who is challenged with being at the top of your organization with few people to talk with about the issues that are critically important for your success and the success of the organization. You need a trusted advisor who can provide an objective perspective on success.
- Executive Coaching: You are a seasoned professional or an up and comer. You’ve made good progress but are not getting the kinds of opportunities you think you should get. You may need to improve your executive presence, learn some new leadership skills, be a better influencer or learn how to build a network of evangelists to support your efforts.
- Solo or small group consultant: You are out there on your own and you are looking for strategies to be successful. I’ve built a highly successful consulting practice and can help you build one as well. I understand the challenges that face people who have to earn and deliver high quality business every day.
- Entrepreneur: I’ve started several businesses and helped others nurture their dreams. You possess the grit and passion to make a success of your work but may lack the consistency or business savvy to know how to turn it to success. We can work together to make sure you are focused in the right directions and have the right people advising and working with you
- “Refirement” Career Coaching: You may be at the beginning, middle or end of your career and are looking for the next path to success. Navigating these waters can be tricky and my experience in helping you find the right path to your work success creates a satisfying and rewarding journey.
- Life Coaching: As a licensed consulting psychologist, I cut my teeth on helping people find success in their lives. You might find you are not making the kind of progress in your life that you are expecting to make and need some guidance to get yourself on track.
Here are a few testimonials from clients I’ve worked with in the past:
My move to Europe has been completely successful. From the professional side, I have enjoyed every minute of my new role so far even if it gave me already many opportunities to apply some of the elements of the work we did together. I need to tell you that the on-boarding plan that we worked on together during our last 2-3 in the States has been a powerful tool. It helped me to get up to speed in my new role, with my new colleagues, bosses and with the markets much faster than expected. It was even recognized during my 2016 Year-End performance review
Senior HR Leader in Fortune 500 firm
Thank you so much for our terrific coaching sessions. Our discussions have really helped me focus my energy. You may hear this all the time — and I hope you never tire of it — you have a gift and I am grateful for your insight and guidance. When I look at the moments in life where I had the opportunity for an intervention that would prove to be important — I suspect this will be one of them.
Health Care C-Suite Leader
I finished my executive coaching sessions with Dr. Citrin. I am grateful for the opportunity to work with Richard. It not only opened my eyes on various aspects of leadership but instilled self-confidence and tenacity to move forward and make a change that will benefit our University community
University Provost and Academic Professor
I had rather high expectations as I have been through an executive coaching program before and know the benefits. Richard did not disappoint.”
Chief Operating Officer, Global Manufacturing Company