Strategy Development at the Speed of Change
The world is moving too fast for you to create strategic plans that try to predict and control the world 2 or 3 years out.
Today’s strategic plans need to be nimble, flexible and immediately implementable.
And your team needs to not just plan a strategy but they need to understand how to think strategy
Your team needs to think strategy. They need Sentient Strategy®
Sentient Strategy® will help your team
- Establish a plan that addresses growth, change, disruption, and manage risk
- Hold people accountable for putting key strategic changes in place
- Develops critical strategic thinking capabilities that go well beyond just creating a plan
What is Sentient Strategy®?
Sentient Strategy® was developed by Alan Weiss, who has written over 60 books and has helped Fortune 100 companies develop and implement their successful strategy. This approach engages a flexible design rather than a fixed approach meaning that it is customized for your business rather than asking your business to respond to a strict strategic model.
Is there an ideal size firm that benefits the most from Sentient Strategy®
Sentient Strategy is best suited to organizations with revenues of between $10 million and $250 million. It works equally well for profit-driven businesses of all kinds, as well as non-profits, and governmental entities that are ready to drive rapid strategic change.
How does Sentient Strategy® work?
In a one-day session we will
- Determine the level of understanding that your team truly has about their “Strategic True North.”
- Identify the key success factors that are impeding or can propel your business to your best future state
- Key on the 2-3 pivotal elements that will yield the greatest return on effort.
- Put your plan to the “Litmus Test” to see if it is ready for today’s rapidly changing workplace
- Create a plan that identifies actions and assigns accountabilities to ensure progress is made and maintained
How is Sentient Strategy® different from other approaches?
Unlike traditional approaches Sentient Strategy directs your team’s attention to two key elements:
- Awareness of the business environment in which you are operating
- How decisions are made and the level of conscious recognition that each of your leaders have about those decisions.
Perhaps most importantly, with Sentient Strategy®, your leaders begin to think strategically which is much more important than just having a strategic plan!
The table below highlights some of the key differences between how strategic thinking use to be done and how it will be done in the future.
|Old World Strategic Thinking (e.g. SWOT Analysis)||New World Strategic Thinking (e.g. Sentient Strategy®)|
What to do next?
Click on the link below to send me a message or even better, just pick up the phone and call me at 412-327-8744Contact Richard