Just click the book and sign up for my free newsletter.
Our Approach to Coaching
- Building the coaching relationship: Building a relationship is the first step in having a successful coaching relationship. You will want to know that your coach is someone who you can trust is providing you with sound ideas while at the same time willing to challenge you and offer some “developmental heat” so you are motivated for change.
- Assessing key strengths: Assessment tools, interviews, and self-appraisals are all effective way to discern your greatest resources and how you can apply them to even greater levels. At this point in the coaching, you will have a plan of action that spells out the steps that are to be taken to insure success.
- Strengths-Based, Competency Focused: Following our coaching assessment, we build a plan around the specific leadership behaviors essential for your success. Great leadership is not about having the right personality but having the right behaviors. Our approach makes that possible.
- Engage the Learnings: During this phase, the coaching tools of role playing, career mapping, persuasion exercises, branding strategies, action matrices, resilience modeling, and competency development along with others come into play and can be utilized to address the coaching objectives.
- Performance Sustainability: Increasing personal and organizational understanding and strengthening your leadership tools translates to personal ownership of your new skill set. After coaching is completed clients have increased confidence and knowledge about how to better manage their work and career.
Top Ten Reasons Executive Seek Coaching and What They Get from Their Coaching Experience
|Why Executives Seek Coaching||What Executives Get Out of Coaching|
|1. Leadership Development||
|2. Self- Management||
|3. Professional Development||
|4. Managing Their Staff||
|5. Targeted Skill Building||
|6. Personal Development||
|7. Change Management||
|8. Strategic Implementation||
|9. Influence and Persuasion||
|10. Life-Work Balance||
Richard’s Podcasts on Leadership
Richard explains what is important in the philosophy of leadership.
Richard speaks on improving weaknesses by building on your leadership strengths.
Richard speaks on leadership styles and moving the company ahead.
Richard explains why it is critical that leaders know their own strengths.