December 26, 2010
<![CDATA[Innovation is hot. Just this year...
- They’re mobile devices and not phones anymore.
- Microsoft’s Kinetic takes the Nintendo Wii to the next level with a hands free gaming device.
- An inventor in Japan is designing a high speed train that doesn’t have to stop to pick up or let off passenger
- For the leaping impaired, Concept 1 has designed a new basketball shoe that adds 4 inches to a basketball players vertical leap, even giving guys like me hope that someday I may be able to dunk a basketball
- Even macroeconomics is being democratized with web sites such as FRED, hosted by the St. Louis Federal Reserve Bank that provides over 26,000 accessible data bases worth of economic information.
- Enjoy your innovations and use them fully, always appreciating the amazing ways that they transform your life…and if you are outside the cell range of your smart phone or it does not work as quickly as you’d like…relax and wait 5 mintues, it’ll be back up
- Bring innovation to your life and workplace by bringing in new ways to create. Take your team off site and bring in an innovation Feeling Leader; Share a book with your team and engage in a discussion about the merits of its approaches to your work. Challenge your staff to find new ways to cut the time that it takes to complete a project using new brainstorming or problem solving approaches.